- Financial Services and Insurance,
- Consumer and Industrial Products,
- Energy and Resources,
- Technology and Telecommunications, and
- Life Sciences And Healthcare
Compute spread: VMs 30%, containers 24%, CaaS 21%, PaaS 22%
- 94% of organizations use more than 1 cloud platform
- 60% use between 2 and 5 platforms
- AWS is the most popular public cloud service provider
- Technical complexity (42%)
- Maintaining comprehensive security (39%)
- Ensuring compliance (32%)
- Companies investing more than $100 million in cloud are trimming the number of tools they use. 53% of this high-spending group use just 5 or fewer cloud security tools
- Acquiring more tools and vendors can create inefficiencies and make employee tool training more difficult
- Companies start to see overlaps between tools and vendor offerings, so they consolidate and rationalize tools and tool providers
- 71% of companies use third-party vendor tools, 65% use CSP-provided security tools and 62% use open source tools
- Cloud security spend is highest for companies with an annual cloud budget of $100 million or more
- 34% of these high spenders allocate 16% or more of their cloud budget to security
- Lack of visibility 15%
- Tool training 14%
- Safe practice training 11%
- Evaluating current state 11%
- Integration of security tools 10%
- Securing budget 10%
- Security reporting tools 8%
- Automation 6%
- Executive buy-in 4%
- Other 1%
- 65% of survey organization’s invested more than 10% of their 2019 cloud budget in securing their cloud estates.
- 58% use 6 or more cloud security vendors.
- 57% use 6 or more cloud security tools.
- 77% of companies have cloud security teams bigger than 20 people.