Giving credit to the source where I first read about this - Duncan Epping's YelllowBrick blog post found here: http://www.yellow-bricks.com/2011/11/18/doing-a-vcloud-director-proof-of-concept was sent to me by Jeramiah Dooley. Both maintain blogs I highly recommend.
"...no more installing Red Hat, Oracle and vCloud Director. Just download the appliance and deploy it. On top of there is a great vCloud Cloud Director Evaluators Guide which will help you to evaluate the product.Here is the list of resources found on the vCloud Director virtual appliance download page under Installation and Configuration. Note that these just scratch the surface of all the resources VMware offers.
If you haven’t done anything with vCloud Director before the following articles might also be worth reading, note that these are 1.0 based articles but most of the content is still valid today.
- vCloud Director virtual appliance download (You will need to register for the eval)
- VMware vCloud Director Evaluator’s Guide
- VMware vCloud Director Evaluator's Guide
- VMware vCloud Director Product Documentation
- vCloud Director Installation and Configuration Guide
- vCloud Director Administrator's Guide
- vCloud Director User’s Guide